IT’S OVER! Villanova beat UNC last night with a 3-point buzzer beater to capture the 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Championship in one of the more thrilling finishes in NCAA history. That also concludes Gontram Architecture’s NCAA Pool!
Congratulations to our Pool Winners!!
Linda Smith (Carrboro, NC) finishes in 1st Place. She had it clinched before the Final 4, so no final weekend drama there.
Michelle Iorio (Garner, NC) followed in 2nd Place. Daniel Parrish (Raleigh, NC) finished close behind in 3rd.
Allie Eberle (Lafayette, IN) clinched Last Place a while ago. Congratulations, Allie! You get the butt! Ironically, at least 12 entrants were intentionally trying to lose in order to get the horse’s butt trophy. Poor Allie was actually trying to do well in the Pool. (This actually happens more often than not.)
To see the full results and tournament reports, click the link below…
New for 2016: Jim Valvano’s words in his 1993 ESPY speech, “Don’t Give Up . . . Don’t Ever Give Up!”, have motivated millions of people to battle cancer and find a cure. His dream of curing cancer is still not realized, but is closer because of his inspiration. This year, for every Pool entry received, Gontram Architecture will donate $1 to The V Foundation for Cancer Research. Participants also have to opportunity to give towards our “team” HERE, but it is not mandatory to play in our Pool. We just wanted to give back to the organization founded by one of the most memorable personalities of this special Tournament.
If you want to contribute to the Gontram Architecture NCAA Pool fundraiser team for the V Foundation: click HERE.
Gontram Architecture’s version of the traditional office pool is unique:
- Our Pool is FREE – no money, no trouble with the authorities.
- It’s open to anyone. (We don’t encourage folks under 18 yrs old to play, but we don’t object either.) Two years ago, 6 of the top 10 finishers were still in elementary school!
- We have great prizes from great sponsors:
- YETI Cooler/gear ($500 value) from Atlantec Engineers and a 1st Place Bobblehead Trophy
- GoPro Hero 4 Black ($400 value) from C.E. Ham Electric
- GoPro Session compliments of Gontram Architecture
- Amazon Echo from Ten Penny Construction
- $100 Amazon Gift Card from Harris Structural Design
- Google Chromecast from Ten Penny Construction
- Full-size flag of your favorite Division I university (subject to availability) from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop
- Garden-size flag of your favorite Division I university (subject to availability) from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop
- Official Gontram Architecture NCAA Pool T-Shirt. “I Survived the Madness!” from Gontram Architecture
- A Horse’s Butt Bobblehead Trophy for Last Place to show your Mom what a loser you are.
It doesn’t even matter if you know anything about college basketball – trust me, it doesn’t. In fact, an average amount of knowledge seems to be a hindrance as I have not even SNIFFED a prize position in the history of the Pool.
If you missed the Pool this year, please feel free to Register for next year’s Pool by going to our sign-up page. (Sorry for the additional step, but with well over a thousand contestants, this helps manage our “madness.”)
See you March 2017!